With the exception of X-Men movies. But mostly because they have some of my all time favorite actors (Hugh, Ellen, Ian, James -McAvoy not Marsden-, Michael) and the fact that I watched the cartoon series as a child. Tarantino’s movies score very high on my all-time favorites also (Tim Roth and Christoph Waltz must be relatives, I tell you!).
Anyway, here’s a blunt list of why I hate cheesy action movies:
1. Super cheesy one-liners, the stuff that I keep seeing on Marvel movies
2. Overly done boys. I mean, oh dear! Do you see the stuff on Chris Evans’ face on his movies? Are those 7 layers of foundation I’m seeing? I know he’s probably porcelain-ish on real life too, but this is SK-II ad material we’re seeing.
3. Less than mediocre acting. Talk about Stallone, Statham, Schwarzsxzeneggggah, and the gang.
4. Unbelievably over-amazing fantastic super skills, we’re talking Bourne and Bond here.
5. The cheap girls that fell to cheesy one-liners. I can’t even bear to give an example to this anymore.
Anyway, what ultimately concerns me is the fact that there are so many young kids aspiring to be the next Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, or spider-bitten Parker. They have absolutely no idea there are no wonderful CG and an awesome team of overworked graphic designers on their back. This perhaps can cause some distorted reality that knocks them right off the real world. They probably think chicks like Black Widow pop up if you become a hero or something. They’re not thinking about tracking down Johansson and smooth-talking her to bed in person, you know what I mean? Nor do they think about how badly they treat their girlfriends/boyfriends because nobody in the “real world” gives a shit. I can tell you this because way back then I thought if I studied enough and asserted myself properly I’ll be a doppelganger, no shit.
On the next post, I’ll tell you why I much much much much prefer both classic and modern dramas. They’re kind of an inspiration for my behaviors too!
NB: Good to see you again! Don’t leave me alone again, kay? I feel like talking to myself at times.
-The Dilly Chic-